The UIS-379 D Digital Intercom system, based on a modular and distributed architecture, ensures access by crew members of tactical vehicles to the on-board traffic voice / data and to the radio communications. Characterized by high reliability and intelligibility of communications, also offers numerous optional additional capabilities such as the wireless connection of the crew; recording services of voice and on-board video systems.
The UIS-379 D Digital Intercom system provides the following services:
- Exchange in full-duplex between the crew members (all operators speak and listen to all the other operators).
- Access to voice and data (from single workstations) to VHF and HF radio carriers.
- Collection and distribution of information from the on-board computer (eg. Data on the vehicle status; alarms generated by on-board sensors; automatic forwarding of audio alarms).
- High flexibility and rapid hw and sw updating.
- Software’s ability to cancel different types of noise.
- Ability to manage up to 30 users between Radio and Operators
- B.I.T.E. embedded
- DSP technology for improved sound quality
- Based on digital TDMA BUS (2Mbps)
- Up to 64 kbit /s capacity on asynchronous serial Fault Tolerant increased:
- Absence of central unit
- Automatic by pass of malfunctioning unit
The UIS D-379 Digital Intercom system has the following electrical and environmental characteristics:
- Power Supply: +24 Vcc
- Absorption (+24 Vcc): 70 W max
- Audio Response: 300 – 4,000 HZ ± 2dB
- S/N SINAD: 30 dB minimum (Local audio interface)
- Intelligibility: (TX/RX) 91% according to MIL-STD-1472 para. 5.3.12 tab. VI
- Operating Temp.: -32°C / +63°C; humidity 95%
- Operating Altitude: 4.500 m
- Storage Temp. (non-operational): -40°C / +70°C humidity 100%
- Air transport (non-operational): 12.000 m
- Rain: FINABEL 2.C.10 – test 41.1
- Vibration / Shock: According to MIL-STD-810F as applicable for “vehicular/tactical electronic equipment”
- EMI / EMC: according to MIL-STD-461E (RE102, RS103, CS101, CS114, CE102)
The UIS D-379 Digital Intercom system has the following operational functions:
- Access to the various resources available by just one touch.
- Monitoring of the state and engagement of resources.
- Icon based intuitive man-machine interface.
- Display light intensity adjustment.
- Headphones’ audio level adjustment.
- System B.I.T.E. available by the commander unit and locally crew units.
- Full-duplex audio conference.
- Rx/Tx by radio with contemporary listening of the operators in conference.
- Monitoring of multiple radios.
- Channel management listening on the loudspeaker (only enabled operator).